Questions on running a WWW server

Post by tommy GU » Sat, 04 May 1996 04:00:00

1.  Has anyone had any good or bad experience with Sun's Netra line of WWW
    servers?

2.  How much is a T1 line per month/per year? a T3 line?

3.  How much does the average WWW server cost to run per month? per year?

4.  Does the cost rise with number of hits?   number of simultaneous sessions?

5.  What is the average size of hard drive space of a WWW server?

Thanx for all your help
--
tommy GUNN

1. Novell Netware WWW Servers versus Linux WWW Servers

Hi,
  could you please consider this posting on behalf of a colleague :

        Does any one have experience with Novell Netware  WEB servers, e.g.
        Sitebuilder ?
        Are they stable, do they properly support modern WWW facilities, such as
        CGI, SSI?
        Unless I provide my college with strong reasons in favour of a Linux
        based WWW server, they will switch to a Novell Netware based one, due to
        the lack of Unix expertise within the college.
        I will be most grateful for any advise on this matter.

        Persephoni

        Dr Persephoni Karaolani, Senior Lecturer, I.T. Department,
        Liverpool Hope University College, Woolton Road,

Thanks in advance.

                        Paul

Paul Hazlewood
Research Assisstant
I.T. Department,
Liverpool Hope University College, Woolton Road,
Liverpool L16 8ND

2. Canoscan2700F

3. Linking www server to ftp server question. . .

4. PPP on linux

5. Running very busy WWW server with Windows NT

6. linux, laptops, and winmodems

7. Need someone to set up and run unix www server and mail.

8. Simple but annoying AWK problem! (Deleting files modified/created before today)

9. Running multiple domain www server using Netsite under SGI

10. Running a Linux WWW server

11. How to run a secure WWW server in Linux?

12. Implications of running SMTP, WWW, and FTP on same OBSD server in a DMZ?

13. Can you run Netsacpe WWW server on Linux?