Fastest way to enter 1400+ user/passwords via htpasswd!

Fastest way to enter 1400+ user/passwords via htpasswd!

Post by Hernyk R. Michnowi » Fri, 28 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Is there a script that can be passed a file containing user:password to
htpasswd?  Squid is installed and working with a single user/password
configuration on a LINUX machine.

I work for a school district that has mandated accounts for Internet
access.  I need to create accounts for over 1400 individuals.  I have a
file that contains the users with the passwords (not encrypted).
Somewhere I have to assume there is a script or program that will take
this file and encrpyt the password field using htpasswd.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Henryk

--
Henryk R. Michnowicz

Fastest way to enter 1400+ user/passwords via htpasswd!

Post by Igor Vinokuro » Fri, 28 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Is there a script that can be passed a file containing user:password to
> htpasswd?  Squid is installed and working with a single user/password
> configuration on a LINUX machine.

expect?

Quote:> I work for a school district that has mandated accounts for Internet
> access.  I need to create accounts for over 1400 individuals.  I have a
> file that contains the users with the passwords (not encrypted).
> Somewhere I have to assume there is a script or program that will take
> this file and encrpyt the password field using htpasswd.

--
Igor Vinokurov

Fastest way to enter 1400+ user/passwords via htpasswd!

Post by Simon Tneoh Chee-Boo » Sat, 29 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Please take a look at a perl module which is written by me.
It helps you to manipulate the password file used by apache
server to do the http authentication.
http://www.tneoh.zoneit.com/cgi/httpauth/
(It's still under construction.)
Hope this helps.

> Is there a script that can be passed a file containing user:password to
> htpasswd?  Squid is installed and working with a single user/password
> configuration on a LINUX machine.
> I work for a school district that has mandated accounts for Internet
> access.  I need to create accounts for over 1400 individuals.  I have a
> file that contains the users with the passwords (not encrypted).
> Somewhere I have to assume there is a script or program that will take
> this file and encrpyt the password field using htpasswd.

--
Simon Tneoh Chee-Boon
Application Developer   Hitechniaga Sdn. Bhd.

http://www.tneoh.zoneit.com/simon/