I just installed apache 1.2.0 and hoped that would solve the problem
that I discovered with apache 1.1.1.
We have about 60 or 70 virtualdomains running.
Every virtual domain has a TransferLog entry which is piped to
cronolog with a date stamp at the end of the file.
I am running redhat 4.1 at a pentium 75 system (bit small but it's
running fine). (kernel 2.0.27)
I looked with ulimit -a and -n and it was 256 (max files open I
believe). I tried to update it but I couldn't do it because of an
At some virtual domains there aren't any logs anymore. When I go to
the virtual domain it should make the log file and generate one hit in
the log file but nothing appear no file and so no hit ...
I tried also the page out of the manual of apache 1.2.0
(virtual-host.html) but that's also not working ...
Does anybody know if the restriction of max open files is the problem
and with what commando I should great more open files on a redhat