separate access auth + Limit/PUT auth in same dir?

separate access auth + Limit/PUT auth in same dir?

Post by David Holme » Fri, 19 Feb 1999 04:00:00

What I'd like is one username/password prompt for GET access to a
particular directory tree and a different username/password for PUT within
this same directory tree.

I've tried various things including two <Directory> sets for the same
directory with one of them having a <Limit PUT> and the other, as a test
only, a <Limit GET>.

The best I can get is being prompted twice for usernames and passwords at
the first access (GET) to this directory tree.  Otherwise either access
via the wrong user or no access.   I'm losing count of the combinations
and permutations I'm trying here so forgive me if I'm overlooking the
obvious!

Can this question be phrased "per-method authentication"?

This is 1.3.4 under solaris 2.5.

thx

1. AUth DB/Auth DMB problems

Im having a tough time getting user authentication to work using DB/DBM
passwd files.? I AM able to get it working using a flat text file...however
there are over 1000 users.? I have tried just about everything I can think
of to debug the problem.? I get this is the error_log when trying to go to
the password protected site:

[Thu Dec 17 07:13:01 1998] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] (2)No such file
or directory: could not open db auth file: /usr/local/etc/httpd/userdb
[Thu Dec 17 07:13:01 1998] [error] [client xxx.xx.xxx.xxx] DB user sun00161
not found: /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/sun00161

The htaccess file looks like this:

AuthDBMUserFile /usr/local/etc/httpd/userdb
AuthType Basic
AuthName restricted
<Limit GET>
require valid-user
</Limit>

And I created the userdb file using dbmmanage.? Cant figure out why it
doesnt see the DB file.? Any ideas???

Brad
Brad Dreisbach ~ Unix Systems Engineer
digitalNATION ~ www.dedicatedserver.com
Phone: 703-642-2800 ~ Fax: 703-642-3747
Work: www.dn.net ~ Personal: home.dn.net/~bradd
ICQ: 22031613

2. Unable to install NetBSD 1.0 for Sparc 1+

3. Apache Auth / Cookie auth

4. Pop3

5. Syslogd not logging auth.info and auth.notice properly

6. HARDWARE HARDWARE HARDWARE

7. Apache auth & deb auth problem?

8. xaw3dlibs question

9. Per Dir Auth

10. group auth based on dir name?

11. auth.file size limit?

12. weird... can't put a cd \dir\dir\dir\ in a .csh file...

13. centralized auth, but limits on logins