apache & php4

Post by Werner Joss,, » Mon, 20 Aug 2001 01:58:49

Hi all,
currently, I'm trying to enable php4 for my apache 1.3.12 webserver running
on a redhat linux 7.0 box.
apache and php4 are installed via rpm and the php4 module libphp4.so
is in /etc/httpd/modules.
anyway, trying to enable php4 in httpd.conf via:

LoadModule php4_module        modules/libphp4.so

,I get the following error when starting httpd:

Syntax error on line 246 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
httpd: Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/libphp4.so
into server: undefined symbol: gdbm_errno

does anyone know how to fix this ?
(I really don't like to compile/link the whole apache/php stuff
as described in the php install howto, my server machine is a
32 meg P75....)

werner

apache & php4

Post by Mark Villema » Mon, 20 Aug 2001 06:04:18

Quote:> Hi all,
> currently, I'm trying to enable php4 for my apache 1.3.12 webserver
> running on a redhat linux 7.0 box.
> apache and php4 are installed via rpm and the php4 module libphp4.so
> is in /etc/httpd/modules.
> anyway, trying to enable php4 in httpd.conf via:

> LoadModule php4_module        modules/libphp4.so

> ,I get the following error when starting httpd:

> Syntax error on line 246 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
> httpd: Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/libphp4.so
> into server: undefined symbol: gdbm_errno

> does anyone know how to fix this ?
> (I really don't like to compile/link the whole apache/php stuff
> as described in the php install howto, my server machine is a
> 32 meg P75....)

> werner

hi

you must miss the gdbm (GNU-dbm) libraries and the php4 module you got must
be compiled with support for it.

try getting the package of GNU-dbm and install it.

Might work better. You might also wanna check out which modules are included
in the php4 rpm module. If others are included, check out if you got the
associated libraries on your system.

Ttyl

Mark

apache & php4

Post by Werner Joss,, » Tue, 21 Aug 2001 04:01:55

> hi

> you must miss the gdbm (GNU-dbm) libraries and the php4 module you got
> must be compiled with support for it.

> try getting the package of GNU-dbm and install it.

> Might work better. You might also wanna check out which modules are
> included in the php4 rpm module. If others are included, check out if you
> got the associated libraries on your system.

> Ttyl

> Mark

Mark,
gdbm is already installed, here is the output of 'rpm -qa | grep gdbm':

gdbm-1.8.0-5
gdbm-devel-1.8.0-5

anyway, I ended up installing the whole stuff from source.
now it works.
Thanks for help.
werner

1. Apache 1.3.19 & PHP4: module doesnt seem to start

Hi there,

I recently installed Apache 1.3.19 and PHP4 (and MySQL, but I'll touch
this later) on a FreeBSD box:

$ uname -sr
FreeBSD 4.3-BETA

I *think* I've installed Apache and PHP4 correctly. Apache is runnig and
PHP4 is compiled in as a static module:

einstein# httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  [......]
  mod_php4.c
suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /usr/local/sbin/suexec

My httpd.conf contains (among other things) the following lines:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

But if I open a PHP enqabled website, Netscape just pops up its "save or
execute file" dialogue, so I suppose Apache simply doesn't know it has
to handle the PHP-MIME-type-document with its PHP4 module.

Why is this?

If you answer I'd appreciate an CC to my e mail account.
Help is greatly appreciated... and have many thanks in advance!

Clueless,
    Andi

2. Can anyone recommend a decent sound card for Linux

3. php3 & php4 with apache problem

4. Can't send ^C with minicom ?

5. Apache 2, php4 & ssl

6. Q:reverse name resolution?

7. PERL && mod_perl && FreeBSD && Apache

8. Num Lock in X

9. problems with (Apache && Solaris && mod_perl)

10. Apache && CGI && uid || back to cern?

11. apache with php4.0 DSO Crashes!!

12. Apache + php4 + ssl, how to?

13. How do I add php4 with apache-fp