Apache 1.1.1 strange delays

Post by Liudas Petruskevici » Wed, 28 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

why can it be so that Apache makes strange delays sending data to
client? Usually it sends html document and then one must wait for few
seconds while some of GIF files arrive. The server ir not loaded at
all, I use PPC 133Mhz, 64MB RAM, AIX. And sometimes it hangs for
a longer period of time after which keeps running again.

Maybe this is because of virtual domains running on the same Apache?
There are 5 of them now. Can someone please help me with conf files
maybe?

Thanks in advance, Liudas
http://www.omnitel.net

1. Apache: delay after cgi / apache::registry scripts

I am having a little bit of trouble with my Apache server.

Lately, I've noticed a serious slowdown on my Apache::Registry and my CGI
scripts.  However, the internal logging I do on the scripts indicates that
the scripts are not running any slower than they used to.  On an unloaded
server, my primary script takes from .5 - 1 seconds to run.

I've tried tailing the Apache log file as requests come in.  After the log
file notes completion of the request, it can take anywhere from zero to 180
seconds after that for the request to show up at the browser.

I've verified this problem through several different ISPs and software
combinations, so I suspect that the problem's on the server side and not
with my client browser or networking.  I've also tried three different
versions of Apache -- 1.3.4, 1.3.12, and 1.3.20 -- without any improvement.

The problem does not affect static content; I can serve up static files,
even big ones, in a heartbeat.  It also does not affect very simple CGI
scripts that just spew a lot of data to the browser.  This makes me suspect
that the problem is within Apache, and not within the networking hardware or
setup at our co-location facility.

I have tried running my scripts with Perl's $| variable set to both 0 and 1,
and neither has any visible affect.  I have also tried monkeying with the
Apache KeepAlive setting, and that has not solved my problem either.

I'm not sure where to go from here.  I've rooted through groups.google and
google and the Apache FAQ and haven't found anything useful.  Can anyone
help?

thanks--

John Aegard

2. Connect HP7475A to AIX

3. Strange delays

4. replacing LILO elegantly...

5. Strange login delay

6. Suggestions for used computer to learn RedHat?

7. strange delay while dns resolve

8. Help exec()ing login shell

9. strange login delay

10. Strange Emacs loading delay...

11. Sun 3 experiencing strange delays

12. : Strange login delay under 2.4.0-test9, is there a cure?

13. Very strange mouse delay...