apache startup error: cannot assign requested address: make_sock.

apache startup error: cannot assign requested address: make_sock.

Post by Marc Lambrich » Wed, 27 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Since our reboot on our Solaris 2.6 we can't startup Apache again. The
error message in out error_log file is:
cannot assign requested address: make_sock: could not bind to address
194.197.11.11 port 80

Anyone familiar with this?
Thankx,
Marc

1. a solution to "Cannot assign requested address: make_sock..."

i have searched the records and read many threads of people getting a
problem to the effect:

"apache wont start..."

"unable to bind to port... (in use...)"

but i havent found a solution.  i am experiencing the same trouble
after i changed to red hat 7.2.  the specific line from my error_log
is:

[Mon Jan 14 03:03:37 2002] [crit] (99)Cannot assign requested address:
make_sock: could not bind to address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 80

this occurs when i try to start apache with both apachectl and httpd
starts and restarts.  when i try to then stop apache (i know it is not
running) i get:

/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl stop: httpd (pid 16845?) not running

which makes sense and is very frustrating.  i tried starting apache
from rc.N / rc.local, and that was no good.

i have checked netstat to see if any other service is listening on 80,
and i cant find anything.

i have looked high and low for a solution, so any direction would be
helpful... thanks.

kris

2. real strange smtp access problem...

3. Q: talk error--[Couldn't bind to control socket : Cannot assign requested address (99)]

4. Modem not working!!

5. pppd 2.3.5 error-"Cannot assign requested address"

6. ISO: Differential SCSI controller

7. Solaris Error: 126: Cannot assign requested address

8. Minimal net configuration in a Windows network

9. sco_cpd: SIOCGIFADDR: Cannot assign requested address

10. ifconfig ... le0: Cannot assign requested address

11. SATAN cannot assign requested address

12. SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign requested address

13. SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign requested address (please help)