Redirect Question

Post by Randy Berd » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I have a client who has registered several domain names.

They would like, when you got to www.domainb.com, to have the server
redirect them to www.domaina.com.  They want the actual address in the
location box of the navigator to be changed.

I know that I can set up virtualhosts for all these domains and use a
simple redirect, but isn't there a better way then wasting ip
addresses on redirected urls?

I am running Apache 1.1.3 or whatever the latest release version is.

Please respond via emaill, thanks in advance.

Randy

1. Apache Redirect question

Hi All,

I'm trying to redirect all requests for files in one directory to a
directory on another server as such:
RewriteRule ^/TheDirectory(.*)
http://www.otherserver.com/TheOtherDirectory$1 [P,L]
This works, but I would like to keep the first URL in the location
bar.
So, I would like to see www.thisserver.com/TheDirectory once I'm
redirected to the other server.
Is this possible, or am I forced to use a frameset here?
Any ideas?

R.

2. AAAHH No booting with new kernel: scsi bus busy?

3. iptables redirect question.

4. HP 80ex and SS1000/Solaris 7

5. I/O redirect question

6. IP Masquerading wierd problem

7. How To Redirect Question

8. newbie-question concerning IPC and signals

9. Basic redirect question: stderr to /dev/null in cron job

10. htaccess redirect question inside...

11. a redirect question

12. Interesting IP redirect question

13. A NCSA httpd redirect question