make: not found

Post by Brad Simo » Tue, 08 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I'm Installing apache 1.3.1 on a solaris 2.6 system

I am putting it in a directory that is not the default.

during the ./configure I get the following errors:

Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for Solaris 260 platform
./Configure: make: not found
 + adding selected modules
./helpers/TestCompile: make: not found
./helpers/TestCompile: make: not found
./helpers/TestCompile: make: not found  ...etc.

I have already setenv'd the C compiler correctly and believe the problem is
that for make to work on the web server I'm using it must have a directory
prefix of /usr/ccs/bin/make.  Does anyone know how to rectify the problem.

Thank you greatly,
B Simon.

make: not found

Post by Marc Slemk » Tue, 08 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm Installing apache 1.3.1 on a solaris 2.6 system
>I am putting it in a directory that is not the default.
>during the ./configure I get the following errors:
>Creating Makefile
>Creating Configuration.apaci in src
>Creating Makefile in src
> + configured for Solaris 260 platform
>./Configure: make: not found
> + adding selected modules
>./helpers/TestCompile: make: not found
>./helpers/TestCompile: make: not found
>./helpers/TestCompile: make: not found  ...etc.
>I have already setenv'd the C compiler correctly and believe the problem is
>that for make to work on the web server I'm using it must have a directory
>prefix of /usr/ccs/bin/make.  Does anyone know how to rectify the problem.

What do you mean "setenv'd the C compiler"?  If your make is in
/usr/ccs/bin/make then you should include /usr/ccs/bin in your PATH.