Version 2.0 of Chartreuse Cartouche is getting ready ship, and we need
beta testers. Chartreuse Cartouche is a powerful tool for analyzing web
logs (and other logs). Chartreuse Cartouche runs as a CGI program, and
generates graphical, hierarchical statistics pages in HTML, allowing easy
analysis of log files.
Some of Chartreuse Cartouche's many features:
* Powerful, easy-to-use graphical CGI interface supports remote
browsing of log statistics, and remote configuration,
from any machine with a web browser.
* Hierarchical HTML display breaks log information down on one
or more fields, massively cross-referenced and cross-linked.
* Fast processing engine reads small or moderate-sized log files
fast enough to browse them real-time.
* For larger log files, disk database feature allows real-time
browsing of stats, and can be incrementally updated.
* Extensive configuration option set allows full control over
appearance of stats pages.
* Log format description features allow processing of
a wide variety of log files, including all HTTP access and
referrer logs, ftp logs, and others.
* Runs on all all major platforms (Macintosh, Windows NT,
Digital UNIX, Solaris, Linux, HP/UX, AIX, others).
For an idea of how Chartreuse Cartouche 2.0 output looks, see Chartreuse
Chartreuse Cartouche 2.0's output has improved since 1.0, but the core
concepts are similar.
As a beta tester, you will have the opportunity to help refine this
cutting-edge tool. We really listen to our beta testers; if you have a
feature suggestion, we will almost certainly implement it. For
information on being a beta tester, please send mail to
Note: to run Chartreuse Cartouche, you will need to have access to a web
browser, and web server which supports CGI.