Apache 1.2.x and Transfer-Encoding

Post by Jeff Downe » Wed, 17 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Is there a way to force Apache 1.2.x  to Chunk Transfer-Encode a HTTP
response?

I have only been able to get Apache to Chunk Transfer-Encode HTTP
entity header.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Ziff-Davis Benchmark Operation
WebBench Developer

Apache 1.2.x and Transfer-Encoding

Post by Marc Slemk » Wed, 17 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Is there a way to force Apache 1.2.x  to Chunk Transfer-Encode a HTTP
>response?

No.

Quote:>I have only been able to get Apache to Chunk Transfer-Encode HTTP
>entity header.
>Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Why would you want to?

1. Transfer-Encoding: chuunked AND Content-Encoding: deflate

using zlib
http://www.cdrom.com/pub/infozip/zlib/
and
http://www.winimage.com/zLibDll/

with HTTP/1.1
http://sunsite.auc.dk/RFC/rfc/rfc2616.html

I am attempting to send
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

(from a home-built web server)

to a client browser that has indicated its willingness to accept this:
HTTP HEADER FOLLOWS:
GET / HTTP/1.1
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, */*
Host: 127.0.0.1
Connection: Keep-Alive

Ive RFC'd myself and tested the component peices individually . successfully.
my interpretation of the RFC leads me to format my HTTP response as:

Headers
chunksize n
deflatedData
chunksize n
deflatedData
chunksize 0

where n is the size of the deflated data

I am applying this deflation to arbitrary mime types and
maintaining the original mime-type.

if i had a website to look at that DOES do this successfully
I could compare  the output to see what I am doing wrong.. or indeed if
my browser is not handling it properly.

Does my interpretation of the RFC as to the format of the chunked and compressed
output seem correct?

Thanks in advance..
-db-

2. Sparc Compiler new license file on upgrade ???!!!

3. Apache 1.2 Questions: SSI security, encoding

4. egcs 1.1 wont build

5. chunked Transfer-Encoding forbidden: /cgi-bin/echo.pl

6. How to get ftp to work?

7. examples of Transfer-Encoding: chunked

8. Intel EtherExpress ethernet card

9. transfer-encoding??

10. Apache: mod_servlet for Apache 1.2?

11. upgrade from apache 1.1.3 to apache 1.2 fails

12. Announcement- jigg R1 - Look Ahead Mezzianne with Transfer Encoding

13. AIX 1.2 is dead (was X server for PS/2 XGA under AIX 1.2)