Apache and DEC Unix 3.2?

Post by Don Berrym » Wed, 11 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Is any one using Apache on a Dec Alpha running Dec Unix 3.2?  I did
check the Apache WWW site but this was not listed.

Queen's Printer          BC Mail Plus / Fax Message Centre
563 Superior,            1150 Mackenzie
Victoria, BC, Canada     Victoria, BC, Canada
Voice: (604) 356-5392    (604) 727-3611
Fax:   (604) 387-0388    (604) 952-4049

1. How to add a DAT tape to Dec Unix 3.2 or 4.0

Hi

I have an HP brand DDS (2/4 GB) tape that has been on an HP 9000.

I want to move this to a DEC alpha running 3.2 or 4.0 unix
whichever is easier.  I hooked it up to a 3.2 alpha and I can
"see" it from the boot monitor and from the scu utility.

However I do not have any device files for this.  When I've added
devices to a solaris machine I have done a "boot -r" and the device
files are automatically created.

How do I create the device files for DEC Unix?

Is the fact that this is a HP brand drive a show stopper?

TIA

John

--

John J. Paliotta
401-295-5855  ext. 111

http://www.vectors.com

2. 2 ISA Ethernet cards

3. Looking for Dec Unix 3.2 and 4.0 Performance Guru

4. programming using IPX sockets?

5. Window command in DEC UNIX 3.2

6. cordless usb optical mouse

7. require apache for digital unix 3.2 OSF/1

8. network cards

9. Dec OSF/3.2 and number of users logged in

10. Netscape E2.01 conflict with DEC 3.2 pthreads?

11. AMD running on OSF/1 (dec/alpha) version 3.2 run on OSF/1 4.0?

12. ZSH-3.0.5 on DEC OSF 4.0 & 3.2