Can Apache be used as a tunnel to another Apache.

Can Apache be used as a tunnel to another Apache.

Post by Dani » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 03:59:36

We have a Linux maschine "hostmain" with Apache 1.3.19 and WebSphere.
To distribute the workload we want certain "High CPU Applications" to
run on another Linux maschine "hostcpu".
Only "hostmain" has an internet connection. Can we get Apache on
"hostmain" to serve pages with URL www.hostmain.com/Docsapp from the
second machine and the rest from its machine.

Thanks.

Post by Dave Ockwell-Jenne » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 05:45:44

> We have a Linux maschine "hostmain" with Apache 1.3.19 and WebSphere.
> To distribute the workload we want certain "High CPU Applications" to
> run on another Linux maschine "hostcpu".
> Only "hostmain" has an internet connection. Can we get Apache on
> "hostmain" to serve pages with URL www.hostmain.com/Docsapp from the
> second machine and the rest from its machine.

Take a look at mod_proxy... it will probably do what you want.  In your
config file, you can then do something like...

ProxyPass /Docsapp http://hostcpu/path/page.html
ProxyPassReverse /Docsapp http://hostcpu/path/page.html
--
Dave Ockwell-Jenner.