Non execution of CGI scripts

Post by amitnaraya.. » Tue, 28 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I recently installed Apache 1.3.6 for the RedHat linux (I cant remember
the version, but its among the latest) running on a Pentium machine.

I've taken care to configure all the CGI related aspects such as the
directories etc.  The port number I use is 1080 and I'm not the super
user on the machine.

The Apache server delivers all HTML pages perfectly but refuses to
execute even a single CGI script from any directory.  And strangely
enough I'm not able to get any information from the error_logs or the
access_logs files.  I'm sure that the log files have been setup right
because I was able to see some port errors in the log files which I
eventually corrected.

Will be great if someone can help me with this

thx
-Amit

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Non execution of CGI scripts

Post by Arunas Salkauska » Tue, 28 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Actual error messages/symptoms are really helpful.

'it didn't work' doesn't help much.

--
- Arunas Salkauskas
High Point Designs

>Hi,

>I recently installed Apache 1.3.6 for the RedHat linux (I cant remember
>the version, but its among the latest) running on a Pentium machine.

>I've taken care to configure all the CGI related aspects such as the
>directories etc.  The port number I use is 1080 and I'm not the super
>user on the machine.

>The Apache server delivers all HTML pages perfectly but refuses to
>execute even a single CGI script from any directory.  And strangely
>enough I'm not able to get any information from the error_logs or the
>access_logs files.  I'm sure that the log files have been setup right
>because I was able to see some port errors in the log files which I
>eventually corrected.

>Will be great if someone can help me with this

>thx
>-Amit

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

1. Execution of CGI scripts in Apache

HI,

When testing out a cgi script that is located in a subdirectory under the
docuement root I get the following error: script not found or unable to
stat: /home/webmaster/pub/html/hailix/cgi-bindisplay.cgi. What does stat
mean?

Now the permissions are 755 on the script itself as well as the cgi-bin
subdirectory.  I used perl -c display.cgi to check the perl syntax which
checked out okay.  I did notice that there is not a forward slash between
cgi-bin and the script name of display.cgi.  Why I do not know.

Any help would be appreciated.

Trevor

2. Process info after kill?

3. Apache CGI/Perl script execution problem

4. Is there an MPLAYER frontend for KDE or GNOME.

5. apache setup/enabling execution of cgi scripts

6. Error Message for Cross Compiler GCC

7. CGI script execution in SSL problem

8. Solaris 7 x86: /dev/rmt/0 I/O error from tar, ufsdump

9. CGI script execution problem in SSL

10. CGI-Execution with UID/GID of script-owner

11. CGI Script Execution Error

12. non .cgi suffixed script does not run as a CGI-script (despite just being "cp test.cgi test.clhtml"

13. Passing non-standard environment variables to CGI scripts