Help Using Perl Scripts

Post by Joshua Micah Marsha » Mon, 06 Nov 1995 04:00:00

When I try to place scripts on a Unix server I cotinually get these ^M characters.  At
first I thought that this was only when I authored them on my PC. But it seems to happen
whenever I download them from a script library.  Anything that goes through my PC gets
these ^M (line breaks).  For a while I was just using vi to click them out.  But now
I am trying to use for instance L.Stein's CGI.PM and its just too long for me to hobble
my way through the document taking out these line-breaks.  Does anyone beside me have
these problems?  There seems to be no way around it but none of the books that I read
seem to mention this, even as an inconvenience.

P.S. Please respond to my E-Mail account if possible.

Joshua Micah Marshall

1. Execute a sh script under perl and sh: sh script; perl script?

I can execute the following perl scripts under either shell or Perl
====

        if 0;
[perl scripts ...]
====
i.e.
sh script
perl script

How do I execute a sh script under either shell or Perl
simililar to what shown above?

Thanks.
--
Michael Wang

http://www.mindspring.com/~mwang

2. Open News Servers?

3. Redirect cgi (perl) scripts using Apache 0.8.14

4. Mh for Netbsd?

5. Apache 0.8.10 and forms using perl scripts

6. Intel PRO/16 sudden latency problems

7. Using perl/shell scripts to kill processes more than x days old

8. NE2000 + 1.2.8 == LOCKUP!

9. Using a perl script to change environment variable

10. Using Perl in a Shell script

11. cthulu Americans used to -citrus perl scripts

12. CGI-BIN Perl Script Not Routed Back to Browser using Apache

13. using a perl script in cron job