Slow access to virtual servers using Apache 1.0 and vif.c

1. Apache Server and VIF: is VIF needed on FreeBSD?

Thanks to all who helped me make the decision to use apache, as opposed to
CERN for httpd.  Seems like Apache will work better for many features,
including virtual domain names.

There is mention of the Virtual InterFace, and adding this psuedo device to
the kernel, to do ip aliasing--more than one ip address on the same card.  The
talk, from John Ioannidis, is about performing this on a SunOS 4.1.x machine.

I have also seen some stuff bantered around this group about how to accomplish
this on FreeBSD.  It is my desire not to recompile the kernel, adding support
for VIF, if I can possibly avoid it.  Is there a better way to perform ip
aliasing on FreeBSD (2.1)?

Peace,
Blake

2. gcc and the fixed as in AIX3.2

3. Help with apache 1.0 virtual servers

4. MAC-Word Macros on SCO ODT 3.0 server

5. Apache Gurus: Apache virtual server using SSI???

6. Libtermnet library

7. fist access to apache web server slow

8. Xwindows under RH5.1

9. slow access to Apache server

10. Apache 1.3b5, Unix access vs Virtual Servers

11. Slow when using proxy compared to directly accessing the server

12. Slow SMTP server access using IPCHAINS

13. Highly-slow access to Unix-Linux server Apache/2.0.50