1. External Authorization in Apache--runs too many times
I'm running Apache/1.2b7 on a Linux box.
I downloaded a module for external authorization (from
which runs gives an external program a username and password and
waits for an exit value.
When the username/password is *invalid*, everything works fine.
The problem is when the username/password is *valid*. It seems this
module runs my verification program 3-4 times. This is a problem because
my program has a side effect of sending mail so I get the same mail sent
3-4 times for one successful access.
Any ideas how to fix this?
If it matters, I'm trying to do basic user authorization and not group.
In my httpd.conf file, I added:
AddExternalAuth testing /bin/verifier
and in my .htaccess file for the directory I'm controlling, I put:
So, am I even using this module correctly? If so, how can I keep
it from running the external verifier over and over for just one access?
Any help is appreciated!
P.S. My first attempt at a solution was to set a global variable in the
mod_auth_external.c file called "externalProgramValue," initialized to -1.
Then, in the two places in the code where system is called, I replaced them
with code to see if externalProgramValue was still -1. If so, the
system command was executed and the value was stored in
externalProgramValue and used by the module. If externalProgramValue
was no longer -1, then the system command wasn't executed and the
earlier value was used.
However, this doesn't work because externalProgramValue needs to be
re-initialized to -1 everytime this module is used, and I can't
figure out how to do that.
Visit the Classic Home Games Museum at http://www.cs.unc.edu/~brownde/museum
2. please help !!!! Format hd problem
3. Q inetd/sockets: how to run my daemon from inetd???
4. locking shared object
5. Running Apache as inetd or standalone.
6. Root Logins
7. running apache and sock5 over inetd
8. iMac experiences?
9. LOST root authorisations - cannot run most progs
10. Apache & SecureID authorization
11. Apache: .cgi authorization bug?
12. Apache Authorization for Directory
13. problem with authorization on Apache 2.0.39