Apache 1.3.22 Virtual Server Problems

Post by Michael Gask » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 11:57:17

Howdy all!

I'm stumped... When I do a:

./httpd -S I get:

VirtualHost configuration:
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80    is a NameVirtualHost
                      default default server xxx.xxx.xxx
                      port 80 namevhost default (/usr...xxxxx:xxxx)
                      port 80 namevhost xxx.xxxxxxx.xxx
                      port 80 namevhost xxx.xxxx.xxx
                      port 80 namevhost xxx.xxxxxx.xxx

All the right domain names are in the list above. I can resolve the
names exactly as they are above.  I've created a NameVirtualHost that
resolves to the correct IP address. (box has a virutal IP as well)...
I tried listen:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80, bindaddress, port, etc. to the same
IP address... (only using LISTEN now)

Problem: sometimes the third entry in the list doesn't come back
correct.  I've created the default to go to a directory with a plain
simple index.html saying I suck and the domain name doesn't work...
What's wierd is that it works the first time and when I hit refresh it
goes to the I suck page again...

I'm stumped... Don't know what else to check... Any help would be
appericate so I don't have to keep looking at the I SUCK page. :)

Michael Gaskin

1. Max Virtual Hosts in Apache 1.3.22 (unix) on a Linux Server

I am having a problem with what I think is to many Virtual Host
Containers. I have a Base config file with 2 included config files.
This was working fine.
When I add another .conf file with an additional 500 Virtual host
containers and try and restart it fails.

I have checked the syntax and it was fine and recieved no errors.

I thought it might be that there was to many file handles and tried
using the same log file for all of the new virtual hosts and this also
failed.

The virtual host containers contain subdomains and redirects instead
of document roots.

Does any one have any ideas of why this is failing or how to fix it ?

2. Sub shell output

3. Linux/Apache 1.3.22 authenticating on Windoze Active Directory server...how?

4. A little file called "/...report.tgz"

5. Apache SCRIPT_NAME problem after upgrade 1.3.14 - 1.3.22

6. (beginner question) how to make system ring bells?

7. Problems starting Apache 1.3.22

8. Ph server help needed

9. apache 1.3.22 start problem (core dump)

10. Problem upgrading to apache 1.3.22-1

11. apache 1.3.22 problems

12. Apache 1.3.22 start problem

13. problems enabling mod_auth_db in Apache 1.3.22