Am I just an idiot or the index page cant be in php

Am I just an idiot or the index page cant be in php

Post by Paul Cru » Sun, 28 Oct 2001 06:42:23

Hi, I recently installed php, modssl and apache with mysql on my linux box
and I got everything started ok but now I have a problem. AM I just being an
idiot or the index page of a website cant be in php.  I believe it can be
but I could be wrong. Can someone help me in the right direction.
-_THANK YOU_-

Am I just an idiot or the index page cant be in php

Post by Mark Tayl » Sun, 28 Oct 2001 06:52:50

Quote:>Hi, I recently installed php, modssl and apache with mysql on my linux
>box and I got everything started ok but now I have a problem. AM I just
>being an idiot or the index page of a website cant be in php.  I believe
>it can be but I could be wrong. Can someone help me in the right
>direction. -_THANK YOU_-

Add index.php to your DirectoryIndex directive in httpd.conf
In recent versions of apache it's already there but you might check yours.

Cheers,
Mark

Am I just an idiot or the index page cant be in php

Post by Paul Cru » Sun, 28 Oct 2001 07:02:05

FOUND IT. A LESSON SHOULD BE LEARN FROM THIS. LOOK AT FILE MORE CLOSELY

Quote:> Hi, I recently installed php, modssl and apache with mysql on my linux box
> and I got everything started ok but now I have a problem. AM I just being
an
> idiot or the index page of a website cant be in php.  I believe it can be
> but I could be wrong. Can someone help me in the right direction.
> -_THANK YOU_-

Am I just an idiot or the index page cant be in php

Post by Pumpkinhe » Sun, 28 Oct 2001 08:55:57

For Apache to serve up defautl index pages (i.e. without specifying
index.php3 in the URL) you need to specify in httpd.conf the different
extensions for an index page.  But I'm not sure if you got it to work
even by being explicit.

Quote:>Hi, I recently installed php, modssl and apache with mysql on my linux box
>and I got everything started ok but now I have a problem. AM I just being an
>idiot or the index page of a website cant be in php.  I believe it can be
>but I could be wrong. Can someone help me in the right direction.
>-_THANK YOU_-

1. I am an idiot.

Forgive me for posting this, but I've looked EVERYWHERE and no one
seems to be able to give me a good answer.

I'm a web designer setting up a site on a LINUX system, which I have
only a basic knowledge of.  I'm installing a CGI script and cant get
it to work.  Here is the error message I get:

Method Not Allowed

The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL
/temp/cgi-bin/wesley.cgi.

I did the whole "chmod +x wesley.cgi" thing but it still wont work.
Do I have to do anything to the cgi-bin directory to allow
executions?  What else could cause this error?

-Rigo

2. SLS update

4. USB Camera on RHEL3

5. Corel FileManager

7. TV-card and webcam: Only one /dev/video?

8. Am I touchy? Or am I right?

10. HELP - Im am a complete idiot!!

12. C++/Solaris: retrieving args from an execv() call - and I am an idiot with pointers