Apache HTTP FULL header dump IN and OUT -- HOW?

Apache HTTP FULL header dump IN and OUT -- HOW?

Post by Mike Park » Fri, 27 Oct 2000 03:49:26

I'm trying to debug a software package using the HTTP protocol.

What I'd like to do is to activate some option that will enable
me to dump the FULL headers area (before the body) both incoming
and outgoing from the apache server.

Is there some standard option in the apache server that I am
missing to do this?

Otherwise, can anybody make some suggestions as to either packages
that might do this...or a third party apache module to do this..

Thanks for your help and pointers.

Mike Parker

~

Apache HTTP FULL header dump IN and OUT -- HOW?

Post by Bill Mosele » Sun, 29 Oct 2000 14:09:51

Quote:> I'm trying to debug a software package using the HTTP protocol.

On what platform?  You posted to both the unix and windows groups.

Quote:> Otherwise, can anybody make some suggestions as to either packages
> that might do this...or a third party apache module to do this..

What do you want to do?  If you want to see the headers sent by Apache
simply use Telnet or lwp-request.

If you want to see the headers sent by the browser then you can either
write a simple server in something like perl that will print out the
headers, or perhaps use mod_perl in Apache to print out the request
headers.

Some suggest tcpdump, but I think the above methods are easier.

--
Bill Moseley

Apache HTTP FULL header dump IN and OUT -- HOW?

Post by Nick K » Sun, 29 Oct 2000 23:40:46

Quote:

> What I'd like to do is to activate some option that will enable
> me to dump the FULL headers area (before the body) both incoming
> and outgoing from the apache server.

You mean something like cg-eye? (see my .sig).

--
Nick Kew

Site Valet - the essential service for anyone with a Website.
Now available at <URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>

1. How to add a http header using .htaccess for apache http server under windows environment

Hi,
I tried to add http header using the .htaccess file, but I got the following
error message:
Invalid command 'Header', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration
I used Header directive in my .htaccess file, anyone can tell me what's the
reason?
The .htaccess file I am using:
<Files "t.txt">
Header set Author "John P. Doe"
</Files>
Thanks!

2. Is this how to format numeric strings?

3. More page outs than page ins?

4. phf

5. Unix Libraries Ins/Outs

6. TCP wrapper, shadow passwd, httpd

7. apache http proxy - http/1.0 vs http/1.1

8. mod_rewrite: httpd won't restart.

9. Howto rewrite HTTP response headers with Apache?

10. Apache proxy and HTTP header

11. Apache: Don't want HTTP headers, how?

12. HTTP v1.1 Cache-Control headers in Apache v1.3.1 ......

13. HTTP headers and Apache 2.0