Frontpage + non-IP virtual hosts

Post by Pete Phili » Wed, 12 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Has anyone used MS Frontpage successfully with virtual hosts based on
HTTP 1.1 rather than multiple IP addresses?

It works OK with virtual hosts with IP addresses but returns HTTP error 501
when used with a non-IP host. Snooping the HTTP conversation reveals that
no Host: tag is sent with the requests so this is not really surprising!

I'm using Frontpage 1.1 and Apache 1.1.3. Does Frontpage 97 support
HTTP 1.1? I saw no mention of it at http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage

Thanks,

Pete.

|   Pete Philips                                  \|/  |

1. FrontPage virtual hosting, removal or reset of virtual host

Hello,

We have FrontPage extensions on a Unix server running BSD 2.1.  We have
many virtual hosts on the server.  Assigning a domain name to a new
virtual host is no problem.

The problem is when a customer leaves, we are left with their account.
How do you completely clear out the account and change the passwords, so
it can be assigned to a new user?

Thanks...

It's Apache 1.0.5 by the way

2. libkpathsea.so missing in LinuxPPC2000?

3. ApacheSSL 1.2b8/0.6.6 Non-IP Virtual Hosts

4. Possible to run own DNS, web, etc, servers?

5. non-IP virtual hosting

6. Icons instead of taskbar?

7. Apache- Non-IP Virtual Hosts

8. mount multi session cd

9. non-ip based virtual hosting

10. Newbie question: Apache 1.1x or 1.2x for non-ip virtual host

11. maximum non-ip virtual hosts with apache?

12. Apache non-IP Virtual Host and AOL

13. Definitive conf for Apache 1.1.1 non-IP Virtual Hosting ?