Apache: Content Negotiation (Content-Language)

Apache: Content Negotiation (Content-Language)

Post by Brigitte Jellin » Thu, 13 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I can't seem to get Content Negotiation to work on my linux box.
As far as I can tell I followed the documentation
(http://www.apache.org/docs/content-negotiation.html) exactly.
Has anyone used this feature successfully ?

  thanks in advance

  Brigitte

--
Brigitte Jellinek, Salzburg University, Austria.    will install

http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/people/bjelli.html        food (or cash)

1. Apache : negotiation of Content-language

Hi !

I've just set up a site with MultiViews, and support for english, french
and dutch.

It works nicely when your browser is configured with at least one of
those languages, or no language at all.

But I've been reported that in some cases, people connecting were in
trouble.  It was always, from people connecting from countries with
another language.  So, I configured a Netscape with a different
language, to try it by myself...

The server reports a 406, no acceptable variant.

Is it possible to configure it to return english by default ?
LanguagePriority doesn't help :-(

TIA,
Michel

2. IP Masq prob with some web sites...

3. Apache 1.2, content negotiation & language options

4. How to X with default bpp 16 or 24 DirectColor

5. Content Language Negotiation

6. Desperate printer problems

7. Language Content Negotiation...

8. Multi-threading

9. Language selection / content negotiation problems

10. Content Negotiation (MultiViews) for Multiple Languages

11. filenames in Apache's content negotiation

12. problem with content negotiation in Apache

13. Apache: trouble setting up content negotiation