URIs/LDAP/REWRITE -> dispatching request depending on LDAP ATTRIBUTES

URIs/LDAP/REWRITE -> dispatching request depending on LDAP ATTRIBUTES

Post by Harald Falkenber » Wed, 23 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hallo,

I'm looking for a way to dispatch URLs of the fomr
        http://myhost/~firstname.lastname
depending on the information stored ina LDAP server.

Using 'rewrite' and an LDAP CGI all would work. but is there also
a way to bypass such a LDAP script?

I think there might be something like a mod_auth_ldap module, which allows
to query with set filters in a LDAP server and brings the result in a variable
back.

The goal is, to redirect/rewrite the users home directory to a place
he needs. Perhaps other solutions exist already. Please let me know!

Any hints are welcome!
Please send in addition a e-mail to

thank you in advance
        Harald

Post by Dave Carriga » Wed, 23 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> I'm looking for a way to dispatch URLs of the fomr
>    http://myhost/~firstname.lastname
> depending on the information stored ina LDAP server.

> Using 'rewrite' and an LDAP CGI all would work. but is there also
> a way to bypass such a LDAP script?

> I think there might be something like a mod_auth_ldap module, which allows
> to query with set filters in a LDAP server and brings the result in a variable
> back.

> The goal is, to redirect/rewrite the users home directory to a place
> he needs. Perhaps other solutions exist already. Please let me know!

Somebody wrote a patch for my auth_ldap module that did this. I haven't
integrated the patch yet, but if you're interested, contact me.

--

UNIX-Apache-Perl-Linux-Firewalls-LDAP-C-DNS |
Seattle, WA, USA                            |

1. SUN LDAP, Netscape LDAP (SUN), OPENLDAP, which one?????

I have been told that SUN has an LDAP server. They also seen to be
selling the Netscape version. We are running an old copy from
Netscape. We need to move this off an AIX box to a SUN. Is the SUN
product any better than the Netscape release? Will Sun dump their code
over Netscape, i.e. does Sun have a history of doing this?  What about
OpenLdap? Is this worth messing with? We would like software support,

2. Socket Performance on Solaris

3. LDAP over SSL using OpenLDAP/OpenSSL/Cyrus SASL with Netscape's LDAP server

4. SCSI Hardware Problem?

5. NIS v/s LDAP and LDAP compatible to pre-Solaris 8

6. FMLI or FACE for Linux

7. question on ldap/postfix/ease of use for end users regarding ldap

8. Help installing a modem!!!

9. Compiling Apache-2.0.35 with LDAP modules (httpd-ldap)

10. LDAP, fnaddr, X.500 to LDAP issues

11. OpenLDAP or SUN ONE DS5.2 HOW-TO updated with sudo+LDAP and apache+LDAP info

12. compiling PHP on Solaris with LDAP, but not SUN ldap

13. Cyrus + LDAP - LDAP Config?