Apache and Jserv Installation

Post by Frank Mill » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

I am attempting to install Apache Jserv on a server that has Redhat
6.2 on it. Right now everything runs great. I downloaded and printed
out the instructions for installing JServ from
www.magiccookie.com/computers/apache-jserv. I've downloaded and
installed the neccesary components. JDK 1.2.2, JSDK, Apache 1.3.12,
and the latest JServ in rpm format for Linux.
1. If I have Apache 1.3.12 running out of the box do I need to
recompile it. If I do, then  the instructions say to compile it in
/usr/local/ but Redhat doesn't install Apache there, I think it is in
/etc. I guess my question is where to untar and recompile?
2. If I use the rpm installation of Jserv do I still have to compile
it?  If I do then where would I do that at because the rpm installed
it someplace other than where the author suggests compiling it -
/usr/local.
3. Does anyone know of a place that has documentation for a Linux
installation of Jserv that isn't six months old.
This is kind of frustrating and I apologize if this is not the correct
newgroup for posting this in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Apache Jserv installation wierdness

Ok, I decided to start over from scratch and try to install Apache Jserv
correctly.

I cannot get it to configure,

This is the problem:

checking JSDK... test: argument expected
configure: error: no javax.servlet.Servlet class or jar with it in
/usr/local/jsdk/lib

But it is there, I can't explain this one.

See :

trs{root}495: ls /usr/local/jsdk/lib
jsdk.jar

if you open this file up  in winzip it contains the file Servlet.class in
the directory /javax/servlet/ (among other files)

So what gives?

-Mark

2. How to use / in addresses with sco UUCP?

3. Apache JServ Installation error messages

4. Networking + Named Questions !

5. Apache 1.3.3 and Jserv: installation problems

6. Login message lost...

7. redhat newbie: apache jserv installation

8. apsfilter and Iomega Zip (Parallel) Drivers

9. Apache Jserv installation problem on AIX 4.3.3

10. Help needed JSERV Installation / error compiling apache

11. apache jserv installation help

12. Apache Jserv / java servlets under FreeBSD Apache