Apache with Frontpage and mod_backhand

Post by Joe May » Fri, 06 Oct 2000 04:00:00

We are running Apache/1.3.12 under Freebsd 4.1-Release, with frontpage
support. We have been recently trying to set up mod backhand. Everything
works with one exception -- frontpage requests break in the process of being
handed off. Is anyone else out there running mod_backhand with Frontpage?
Does anyone have any explanations for this?

--
Joe Mays - Engineering Manager
(502) 815-7166

1. chrooted apache with mod_backhand - any experience??

Hi list,
did somebody of you set up an apache with mod_backhand in a
chroot-environment?

My apache works fine in the jail as long as I do not activate
mod_backhand in httpd.conf.
But if I uncomment the LoadModule backhand_module ... line, apache
cannot start anymore.
ErrorMessage:
[error] (2)No such file or directory: gethostname failed.

No entries in error_log.
I think apache / mod_backhand.so miss some libaries in my jail. But
ldd doesn't help at this point.
Maybe some more /dev/- nodes have to be created as well.
The unix socket functions have to be available in the jail. But how?
Any experience? Or hints?

I am using SuSE Linux 8.0,  apache 1.3.27 and mod_backhand 1.2.2
And again: without mod_backhand my jailed apache works very well (and
even on the same machine a not chrooted apache woks well with
mod_backhand).

Thanks,
Tobias

2. AXPpci Problems

3. cannot install apache after installed frontpage 2000 patch apache

4. How get the free space left on a disk

5. Apache with FrontPage 2000 Extensions, mod_perl, Apache::ASP, Raven SSL

6. Linux setup problem

7. Matrox Mystique ands X.

8. CD-Writing Problem: OPC Failed

9. mod_backhand vs. reverse proxy

10. mod_backhand segment violation under Linux

11. Apache & FrontPage install help

12. Apache 1.2 and frontpage

13. manual compile of frontpage extensions on apache server