Subdomains on Apache

Post by Jim » Fri, 12 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I had heard that it was possible to create virtual sub level domains on the
Apache web server with cgi. In other words, I could create
http://subdomain.domain.com, using a virtual server provider. I do have all
access to my *.conf files, if that makes a difference.

Has anyone heard of this or know where further info could be found?

Thanks,
Jim

1. ServerName without any subdomain listed matches all subdomains

Hi all,

In Apache (2.0.40) VirtualHost configuration it appears a ServerName of
the form domain.co.nz will match any subdomain as well! (like
abc.domain.co.nz). And it will match this entry even if I place the
non-subdomain entry at the end of the configuration file.

Is there a way to specify a ServerName in VirtualHost that is only
supposed to be accessed when no subdomain has been specifed?

Thanks,
Adam

2. XFree86 Frequently Asked Questions

3. Apache and subdomains

4. comp.unix.questions

5. Apache Wildcard SubDomain mapping to file tree

6. Mailing List Request

7. Aghhhh Help! Apache subdomain question

8. cd-rom keeps ejecting open

9. Running subdomains (VirtualHosts) in Apache

10. multiple subdomains on apache webserver

11. Apache subdomains?

12. Apache Subdomain problem