Setup VirtualHost and httpd processes for each VirtualHost

Setup VirtualHost and httpd processes for each VirtualHost

Post by Ron Rei » Sat, 22 Feb 2003 09:20:28

Hi,

I am confused on how to set this up.  Can anyone point me to docs that
describe how to set up VirtualHosts and the server processors?

My environment is:

RedHat Linux 7.1
Apache 2.0
mod_perl 1.99-08
Perl 5.8.0

Thanks for your help.

Post by 2Host.com - Rober » Sat, 22 Feb 2003 15:41:53

> Hi,

> I am confused on how to set this up.  Can anyone point me to docs that
> describe how to set up VirtualHosts and the server processors?

> My environment is:

> RedHat Linux 7.1
> Apache 2.0
> mod_perl 1.99-08
> Perl 5.8.0

> Thanks for your help.

Did you read the README and INSTALL files? What problem are you having?
What have you attempted so far? Where are you? What problems are you
having? Did you read the README and INSTALL files? What do you mean by
"the server processors?" Did you read the README and INSTALL files?
--
Regards,

Server admin, support & programing for shared & dedicated web servers
Secure, reliable hosting you expect and deserve! http://www.2host.com

1. Default httpd.conf says Expected </VirtualHost> but saw </VirtualHost>

I apologise in advance if this is a stupid newbie question but it has me
stumped.

I've just upgraded from 1.2.6 to 1.3.1 with mod_ssl/SSLeay.

With no changes to the default conf files (which all look fine thanks to
the wonderful configuration script) the server starts fine without SSL
but gives me:

Expected </VirtualHost> but saw </VirtualHost>

with apachectl startssl.

Just for fun I added a virtual host which is setup on our local DNS.

<VirtualHost 203.34.243.10>

DocumentRoot /psci/usr/test
ServerName test.tcp.net.au
ErrorLog logs/test-error_log
TransferLog logs/test-access_log
</VirtualHost>

Now I get the Expected </VirtualHost> without SSL as well.

After being so proud of getting it all installed, I'm back down to
Earth. What have I done?

Thanks for your time,

Phil

2. MEMORY LEAK: netstat.c 0.96

3. httpd.conf servername overiding virtualhost setting of the same

4. cant compile gnome cvs stuff

5. VirtualHost patch for NCSA httpd 1.4.2

6. Need Help for Linux Slackware 3.3

7. NCSA httpd: BindAddress and VirtualHosting

8. Setup Ip Masquerading...

9. apache httpd.conf servername overiding virtualhost setting of the same?

10. VirtualHost Directive with NCSA httpd 1.5

11. Apache: User/Group directive in plain httpd.conf and VirtualHost

12. Apache <VirtualHost> mixed with seperate httpd's

13. apache httpd virtualhost on linux