Latest Apache/Acrobat info?

Post by Philip Nels » Tue, 03 Jun 1997 04:00:00

I have been trying to track down a problem serving Adobe Acrobat PDF files
from our Apache server to MSIE 3.02 using Acrobat 3.0 and the associated
plugin.  I have gotten a variety of errors from 28 to 109 and file not found.
Then sometimes it works fine.  It seems to be a byteserving issue because the
logs will show a 200 response with a content length less than the full file,
immediately followed by a 206 response of another shorter than full file
length request.  The error log shows "send body lost connection to client".
I have read archived postings about how Acrobat Reader ignores current HTTP
1.1 protocol.  I have installed Apache 1.2b11 and still have problems.  Is
there anything new regarding this problem?  Is there any way to disable
byteserving for just these directories until the problem can be solved?

--
Philip Nelson
Consultant, Guitarist, etc.

1. ANNOUNCE: Apache Week - guide to the latest Apache news

New edition of the weekly guide to the Apache server is
now available from Apache Week: <URL:http://www.apacheweek.com/>

This week's issue includes more details of what's going to
be in the next release, discussion of identifying
browser capabilities in the server and an introduction to
Server-Side-Includes and extended SSI.

Also on the Apache Week site you'll find a collection of
Hints-and-Tips to help get the most out of Apache, a guide
to all the changes from 1.0 to 1.1.1 if you haven't yet
upgraded, and links to the specs such as HTTP/1.1
and HTML 3.2.

Paul
--
Paul Sutton, Technical Director, UK Web --- http://www.ukweb.com/~paul/
Apache Week: Latest news on Apache server... http://www.apacheweek.com/

2. Multiple mail accounts: seperate inbox?

3. Need info on the latest sendmail hole..

4. Answer Book

5. Latest hardware compatibility info?

6. Switch to ProFTPD, root dirs?

7. Apache & acrobat & explorer