Where to get locale symbols for PHP?

Post by Hugh H » Sat, 02 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I want to display different timezone information on my webpage, I found
the PHP's setlocale(string category, string locale) function but don't
know where to get the 'locale' symbol. Can anyone point me to a place
where I can get all the locale symbols?  Thanks.

-Hugh

Remove "NOSPAM." above when sending e-mail to me.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Rasmus Lerdo » Tue, 05 Oct 1999 04:00:00

>I want to display different timezone information on my webpage, I found
>the PHP's setlocale(string category, string locale) function but don't
>know where to get the 'locale' symbol. Can anyone point me to a place
>where I can get all the locale symbols?  Thanks.

If you are only worried about timezone stuff, just set the TZ environment
variable from PHP using the putenv() function.  Poke around on your system
and look for a 'zoneinfo' directory.  You will find all sorts of different
possible setting for TZ in there.

-Rasmus

1. Problem with Apache/PHP on Solaris only : "symbol __muldi3: referenced symbol not found"

Hi,

I successfully installed apche+php on Linux, but I can do the same

thing on a Solaris 2.6. In fact it works on Solaris in static mode, but
not

in DSO apache mode (and I really need it).

Each time I try to launch my Apache, I obtain the following error :

"Cannot load /usr/apachephp/libexec/libphp4.so into server: ld.so.1:

/usr/apachephp/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/apachephp/libexec/libphp4.so: symbol __muldi3: referenced symbol
not found"

I read lots of articles about this error in newsgroup, etc. but with no
solution.

I builded my Apache with the following comand line :

"./configure --prefix= /usr/apachephp --enable-module=so
--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE; make; make install"

I builded my Php module with the following command line :

"./configure --with-apxs=/usr/apachephp/bin/apxs; make; make install"

I don't know if there is a link with the DB Berkeley library, but they
give

a solution to solve this kind of problem :

http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/ref/build_unix/notes.html

So I rebuilded my DB Berkeley library, I rebuilded apache,

and I rebuilded php with the option --with-db3, but without success.

Anybody had this problem (and most important, solved it :-) )

Regards.

Sebastien Brault.

2. EZonics II USB Webcam

3. Solaris - PHP- Apache- Oracle : Problem getting PHP installed

4. Answerbook, Wabi, Colormap, etc., Problems

5. Apache w/ PHP and SSL: w/ PHP OK - w/out PHP NOK

6. How to compile progs to use on another comp?

7. solaris,apache,mod_perl,php: Make bombs symbol `Error' is multiply defined

8. opti 931 Soundchip & ava 1502 AE

9. installing Apache, PHP and MySQL gives undefined symbol

10. Getting en_US.UTF-8 dtterm in en_US locale...

11. lib/locale vs share/locale

12. current locale is not supported in X11, locale is set to CX

13. RogueWave Locale and GNU g++ Locale