"-t" command line option

Post by Ralf S. Engelscha » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> according to the apache dox for version 1.3 at
> http://www.apache.org/docs/invoking.html, there should be a command line
> option "-t" to test the configuration syntax without starting the
> server.
> my httpd (version 1.3.0 on linux with Ben-SSL/1.18 and php3-module
> compiled in) calls it an "illegal option", and a quick look at the
> source (http_main.c, main()) gave me the impression that there in fact
> is no such option; funny enough, the same seems to apply for the "-D"
> option (which is also documented at the address mentioned above).
> i know the "start as a non-root user and watch what happens" work
> around. however, i can't believe that there's a useful option documented
> and nobody notices it's not there. otoh, i searched the web and usenet
> in vain. i'm probably missing out something obvious. could it be that
> php3 or the ssl-patch patched away some apache code? i guess not.
> anybody checking successfully their conf-files using the "-t" option?
> any clues?

The documentation is always for the _latest_ Apache version, i.e. currently
for Apache 1.3.2. The -t option was added between 1.3.0 and 1.3.1 when I
remember correctly (I was the guy who added it ;-). So please upgrade to
1.3.2 and you have it available.

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall

                                       www.engelschall.com

"-t" command line option

Post by Marc Slemk » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>according to the apache dox for version 1.3 at
>http://www.apache.org/docs/invoking.html, there should be a command line
>option "-t" to test the configuration syntax without starting the
>server.
>my httpd (version 1.3.0 on linux with Ben-SSL/1.18 and php3-module

It was added in 1.3.1 or 1.3.2.  Upgrade.

Someone should have noted that in the document you refer to, but all
too often people seem to forget to note what versions things
apply to.

1. Archiv with tar --> Problem Option "T"

Hello

This option makes the indication possible of paths in a file with the
data which can be archived.

/home/user1/privat/
/home/user2/tool/

and so on.

My question:
Do those have to be separated path with an indication?
Which format must have the file?

2. VCS 4.0 and supported Shared Storage

3. How can i view entire command line in "ps" command

4. FreeBSD Networking to windows :(

5. "T" for "2"

6. dhcp??? (newbie question)

7. ZDnet "missing" talkback in "The Microsoft penalty that isn't"

8. stopping uucp cron

9. Why is the string "[a-z]" replaced by "t"?

10. "T" for "2"

11. hosts.deny, line 9: bad option name: "ALL"

12. ". / command" instead of "command" ???

13. HELP: "TOP" Command and "SZ" command