Problem with Apache + PHP4 DSO : symbol __muldi3: referenced symbol not found

Problem with Apache + PHP4 DSO : symbol __muldi3: referenced symbol not found

Post by S├ębastien Braul » Sat, 05 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I successfully installed apche+php on Linux, but I can do the same

thing on a Solaris 2.6. In fact it works on Solaris in static mode, but
not

in DSO apache mode (and I really need it).

Each time I try to launch my Apache, I obtain the following error :

"Cannot load /usr/apachephp/libexec/libphp4.so into server: ld.so.1:

/usr/apachephp/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/apachephp/libexec/libphp4.so: symbol __muldi3: referenced symbol
not found"

I read lots of articles about this error in newsgroup, etc. but with no
solution.

I builded my Apache with the following comand line :

"./configure --prefix= /usr/apachephp --enable-module=so
--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE; make; make install"

I builded my Php module with the following command line :

"./configure --with-apxs=/usr/apachephp/bin/apxs; make; make install"

I don't know if there is a link with the DB Berkeley library, but they
give

a solution to solve this kind of problem :

http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/ref/build_unix/notes.html

So I rebuilded my DB Berkeley library, I rebuilded apache,

and I rebuilded php with the option --with-db3, but without success.

Anybody had this problem (and most important, solved it :-) )

Regards.

Sebastien Brault.

1. Problem with Apache/PHP on Solaris only : "symbol __muldi3: referenced symbol not found"

[...]

2. How can i find out if a tape if full ?

3. ld.so.1: /opt/bin/apache/httpd: fatal: ... symbol ap_make_sub_pool: referenced symbol not found

4. Lessons for Bourne scripting available...

5. Solaris 2.5.1 symbol vsnprintf: referenced symbol not found

6. When are backslashes removed?

7. symbol cerr: referenced symbol not found

8. red hat help needed, please

9. Apache - Solaris2.8 - GNUgcc -referenced symbol not found

10. Apache 2.0.39: referenced symbol not found

11. FT_Get_BDF_Property: referenced symbol not found

12. ld.so.1: fatal: relocation error: symbol not found: bzero: referenced in blah

13. dlopen: relocation error: referenced symbol not found