Setting cookie via SSI-called script in Apache

Setting cookie via SSI-called script in Apache

Post by Eric Meye » Sat, 17 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Apache can set its own tracking cookie and allows directly called CGI
scripts to set them. However, when calling a CGI script as an SSI, it
seems to strip the Content:... etc. header and not pass it to the
browser. Is anyone aware of a workaround? Private responses by e-mail

Post by Marc Slemk » Sat, 17 Jan 1998 04:00:00

>Apache can set its own tracking cookie and allows directly called CGI
>scripts to set them. However, when calling a CGI script as an SSI, it
>seems to strip the Content:... etc. header and not pass it to the
>browser. Is anyone aware of a workaround? Private responses by e-mail

That is due to the basic design of HTTP; it sends headers at the
beginning, period.  You can't arbitrarily add headers later.

Well, HTTP/1.1 can send headers at the end but there are a very limited
subset of headers defined where this is allowed and many clients don't
understand them.

_PLEASE_ do not submit a bug report until you give people a chance to
answer your posts on the newsgroup.  It saves everyone time.

1. setting cookies via SSI (Apache 1.2b10)

I'm trying to figure out if this is a client bug, an Apache bug or
misfired code on my part:

<!--#set var="HTTP_COOKIE" value="visited=$DOCUMENT_URI;
expire=Wednesday, 09-Nov-1999 23:12:40 GMT; path=/apache/cookies/"-->
<!--#echo var="HTTP_COOKIE" -->

The cookie appears to be set, I can do <!--#printenv --> and it's
there in the environment but upon following a link to another page
under that path, it's no longer set.  What's up with that?

thanks

2. how to isolate symbols at link time?

3. setting cookies using SSI's (Apache's mod_include)

4. 2.6 x86 poor NFS server performance

5. Which Apache API call can set/get cookies?

6. rsh time out

7. My linux+Apache+mod_perl cannot recognize"print "Set-Cookie: cookie-name = Unique; "

8. perfmeter

9. apache,cookie and denying access to those whithout the cookie set

10. Apache 1.0.3 eats multiple Set-Cookie headers from CGI scripts.

11. Apache and Cookie and SSI

12. SSI + Cookies under Apache 1.3

13. Apache: CGI Status, SSI+Cookies