Macromedia Director MIME Problem with Enterprise Server...

Macromedia Director MIME Problem with Enterprise Server...

Post by Everett Done » Fri, 03 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Greetings,

I have Enterprise server 3.01 installed on a AlphaServer running Digital UNIX
4.0D. I'm having a problem where Macromedia director embeds are showing up as
text/html files -- on pages where .dir files appear, I'm seeing the broken
plugin icon, and when I click to get the plugin, it tells me that the file
type is text/html rather than .dir or x-director. I do have that particular
MIME type in the mime.types file but nothing seems to do the trick. Any
thoughts on what is wrong or what I may be doing incorrectly,

Thanks,

Everett

--

--------------------------------
Everett L. Doner

--------------------------------

1. Macromedia Director (shockwave)..urgent..

I wonder does it possible to run shockwave in Linux OS. If possible, it run
on Nestcape or Internet Explorer? Please give some guides on how to
implement it. And how the shockwave Plug-in works in Linux browser?

Please mail me (or cc) instead of post the reply to the newsgroup. I have
post this news to so many newsgroup so it is really trouble for me to check
from one newsgroup to another. Hope can receive your reply soon.

Thanks...

Mohan Namasivayam

2. Xwindows Help

3. Mysterious Sun C compiler warnings

4. ttsession hangs during login

5. Enterprise Server MIME Types

6. Network Prob Win98 <-> Linux

7. Mime type for enterprise server

8. WTS: Suse Linux Enterprise Server 10 and Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9

9. Netscape enterprise server and virtual server problems

10. WebTrends Enterprise Suite vs. WebTrends Enterprise Reporting Server?

11. Problem with Apache HTTP server and mime types