Apache 1.2 hangs (Alpha OSF/1)

Post by joo.. » Fri, 01 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Hi All,

We're running Apache 1.2 on a DEC Alpha under OSF/1 3.2 with a few virtual
domains.

Once in a while (about two weeks or so) Apache stops responding. If I
telnet to the http port, I don't receive a reply from Apache, although I
am able to connect to that port on the server (no connection refused).

Only thing that helps is to send the server a HUP signal.

I've read about the FIN_WAIT_2 problem, but I'm not sure if this has
anything to do with this. At least I don't need to reboot the entire
server.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

1. Apache 1.2 hangs

Hello everybody!

here in our company, we're having some trouble with Apache 1.2:

After the server is running for quite a while (one or two days)
response time slows down until server hangs.
All childs are busy, idle-childs have a  WCHAN event and busy
childs a WCHAN socket open.
One has to restart the server to clear this up.

Server conf:
ServerType standalone
Port 80
HostnameLookups on
BrowserMatch Mozilla/2 nokeepalive
ServerName iwww.RZ-Berlin.MPG.DE
Timeout 400
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 15
MinSpareServers 5
MaxSpareServers 10
MaxClients 150
Listen 141.14.131.37:443
Listen 141.14.129.178:80
<VirtualHost 141.14.131.37>
ServerName iwww.RZ-Berlin.MPG.DE
Port 443
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost _default_>
ServerName iwww.RZ-Berlin.MPG.DE
Port 80
</VirtualHost>

We had the same trouble with 1.2b11.
Anyone an idea, that might be useful???

Dirk

Dirk-Robert Jacobs
Web Administrator of MPIMG Berlin, Dahlem

2. Procmail Help

3. AMD running on OSF/1 (dec/alpha) version 3.2 run on OSF/1 4.0?

4. trouble printing b/w scanned images

5. OSF/Motif 1.2 or MIT X Windows book?

6. shutdown problems with slackware96

7. Compiler Warnings on Alpha OSF building Apache 1.2b10

8. Pine: Folder Lock/Read Only for "users" (not root)

9. Netlog 1.2 type Util for OSF

10. Building apache 2.0.43 on DEC/Alpha OSF 4.0F

11. Apache: mod_servlet for Apache 1.2?

12. upgrade from apache 1.1.3 to apache 1.2 fails

13. Can anyone say when a non-alpha JDK 1.2 will be available for Linux?