How to distinguish "robot" and "normal user" in WWW?

Post by Rob Hartil » Wed, 25 Oct 1995 04:00:00

> I want to build a WWW server,but I have no idea about robot in security

> How do I protect my system from robot 's attaction?

You need a seek-and-destroy script...

http://xxx.lanl.gov/RobotsBeware.html

don't ask!

Post by Marcus Edward Hennec » Wed, 25 Oct 1995 04:00:00

>I want to build a WWW server,but I have no idea about robot in security

>How do I protect my system from robot 's attaction?

Check out

http://web.nexor.co.uk/mak/doc/robots/norobots.html
--
Marcus E. Hennecke

For FAQs first check ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/<name.of.newsgroup>

Post by Otis Gospodnet » Sat, 28 Oct 1995 04:00:00

> I want to build a WWW server,but I have no idea about robot in security

> How do I protect my system from robot 's attaction?

Robots usually look in the robot.txt file in the root of your WWW Directory.
You can specify rules for a robot in that file and the place that
describes how to specify rules is somewhere in .uk
I'd think if you used some WWW Search Engines you'd be able to find the
place with no problem....

Otis