multiple config files on Apache?

Post by Godfrey Nol » Tue, 14 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Anybody got an idea how to set up virtual
servers with multiple httpd roots?

Has it got something to do with bind & listen?

Post by Alvin O » Fri, 17 Jan 1997 04:00:00

: Anybody got an idea how to set up virtual
: servers with multiple httpd roots?

: Has it got something to do with bind & listen?

yup...try looking at my web pages
        http://www.Linux-Consulting.com/FAQ_virtual

Please let me know if I have any errors in my examples

RING, Inc,              http://planet.fef.com    www.Linux-Consulting.com

: --
: Thanks,

--

multiple config files on Apache?

Post by Alvin O » Sun, 19 Jan 1997 04:00:00

hi...

Try looking at my web pages which describe the whole process
        DNS-email-ftp-web-majordomo-etc
        http://www.Linux-Consulting.com/FAQ_virtual

RING, Inc,              http://planet.fef.com    www.Linux-Consulting.com

: Anybody got an idea how to set up virtual
: servers with multiple httpd roots?

: Has it got something to do with bind & listen?

: --
: Thanks,

1. Solution: multiple Apache log files, multiple args to env=, multiple conditions to CustomLog directive

Here is a solution to a problem I had a little while ago.  I wanted to
have Apache keep 3 separate log files: 1 for requests from me, a 2nd
for nimda virus attacks, and a 3rd for everything else.

The key to the solution was to use "!" to unset environment variables
in certain cases.  Joshua Slive pointed this out for me.

I'm posting this here because I can't find a way to use Google to
reply to those old posts of mine.

Here's an example that will log requests from a specific IP address
(presumably the webmaster's) to one file, and log nimda virus attacks
to another file.  A third log file will hold all the remaining
requests.

#========================================================================#
SetEnvIf Remote_Addr "w\.x\.y\.z" localaccess=1
SetEnvIf localaccess 1 dontlog

# Here, !localaccess will keep nimda requests out of the localaccess
log.
SetEnvIf Request_URI "^/scripts" nimda=1 !localaccess
SetEnvIf Request_URI "^/c/winnt" nimda=1 !localaccess
SetEnvIf Request_URI "^/_mem_bin" nimda=1 !localaccess
SetEnvIf Request_URI "^/_vti_bin" nimda=1 !localaccess
SetEnvIf Request_URI "^/MSADC" nimda=1 !localaccess
SetEnvIf Request_URI "^/msadc" nimda=1 !localaccess
SetEnvIf Request_URI "^/d/winnt" nimda=1 !localaccess
SetEnvIf nimda 1 dontlog

CustomLog logs/localaccess.log combined env=localaccess
CustomLog logs/nimda.log combined env=nimda
CustomLog logs/everythingelse.log combined env=!dontlog
#========================================================================#

I've received a couple emails about this problem, so I figure this
will help someone out.

-Anthony
www.nodivisions.com

2. e2fsck HELP

3. Apache, multiple log files, multiple args to " env= "

4. XFree3.3 and Midnight Commander...NO PF3 in X

5. Apache apache 1.3.26 config file

6. Solaris 7, 2nd NIC Card on Ultra 10

7. RHL7.0 and PHP4: Apache config file problem: file extensions

8. Configuring for 1024x768 (or higher) resolution

9. translating kppp config files to ppp config files

10. how do i concatenate multiple files then split them into multiple files

11. Problems with multiple "listen" in apache config under UnixWare 7

12. config & log files in multiple server / loadbalancing environment

13. multiple hosts and multiple ports in apache 1.1.1