JavaScript: document.lastModified given at 1 Jan 1970

JavaScript: document.lastModified given at 1 Jan 1970

Post by Michael Pell » Fri, 01 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Hi All!

I'm not sure if this is the correct newgroup but here is the problem:

I have two Unix web servers, one running Apache 1.2.1 on DEC Unix 3.2,
the other running Apache 1.2.0 running on Linux 2.0.27.  On both these servers
JavaScript document.lastModified returns 1 January 1970.  Is there something
that I have to configure in the conf files to allow this to give the correct date?

Oh yeah, Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 Beta 2 reports the date in the correct
decade, but the date changes every day (actually, every second) even though
the page is a couple of days old.

E-mail and post!

Thanks,
Mike

Michael C. Pelley, B.Sc. Dipl.CS(MIS)      Network Operations Centre
Ridge Road Campus - The Engineering Technology Centre,
College of the North Atlantic, St. John's, NF A1C 6L8

JavaScript: document.lastModified given at 1 Jan 1970

Post by Marc Slemk » Fri, 01 Aug 1997 04:00:00

You probably have the page being parsed for SSIs or something similar.
If you do so, it won't output a Last-Modified: header.  In that case,
the client doesn't know when it was last modified.  Various code may
handle that in different ways.