Help! Switching between HTTP and HTTPS

Post by andreww.. » Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi

We're having difficulty configuring Stronghold Apache 2.4.2 to do the
following:

We'd like to be able to switch between secure and non-secure parts of
our site without having to encode the full URL in every web page. For
example, we might have a link on the (non-SSL) home page, index.html,
pointing to "/secret/login.html". The secret hierarchy should be SSL.
Links back to the home page from /secret/ should return to being non-
secure, again just by using a relative URL.

A possible complication is that the DocumentRoot for both the secure
and non-secure parts of the site are the same. I've managed to forbid
access to the secure site using HTTP and vice versa, but a redirect
just puts the browser into a continuous loop

Your expertise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. apache http proxy - http/1.0 vs http/1.1

Hello,

I have setup an apache proxy, which seems to work fine. But, I found
out that it doesn't not answer back http/1.1 with a http/1.1 response.
The request comes in as 1.1, but the proxy answer back with 1.0. Is
there some special configuration I need to set in httpd.conf for it
to answer with a 1.1 response?

When I send traffic to the backend machine it will answer with a 1.1
response just fine. We are using the same version of apache for both
the proxy and actual backend server.

Any hints as to what I'm missing? Thanks.

-Dan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. sendmsg, recvmsg, msghdr?

3. Help: SSH Tunnelling over HTTP or HTTPS

4. libthread panic...

5. http:// does work but https://

6. Mount Floppy Drive

7. Apache-SSL for both HTTP and HTTPS?

8. Problems DC21040 card using tulip driver--suggestions requested

9. http vs https

10. http://site/ forbidden, http://site/index.htm okay

11. HTTP 1.0 or HTTP 1.1

12. HTTP to HTTPS Problem

13. NewbQ : Redirecting http to https for subdirs