compiling apache on linux & idiot's guide to proxy server?

compiling apache on linux & idiot's guide to proxy server?

Post by G. Philippe Meno » Thu, 07 May 1998 04:00:00

Hello.  I am trying to compile apache on redhat linux.  What I really
want to do is compile the httpd with the optional proxy module.

However, I can't get the basic (unmodified) source to compile.  It
breaks down at:

"mod_auth.o:  undefined reference to crypt"  in authenticate_basic_user

...I can find the reference to crypt.  I also see that this system has a
/usr/lib/crypt.h;  but this situation is beyond me at the moment.

Anyone know how to resolve this glitch?

Also, has anyone see an "idiot's guide" to setting up a proxy server
using apache/linux?

Thanks for any info.

Phil

Please send email to:

compiling apache on linux & idiot's guide to proxy server?

Post by Marc Slemk » Fri, 08 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello.  I am trying to compile apache on redhat linux.  What I really
>want to do is compile the httpd with the optional proxy module.
>However, I can't get the basic (unmodified) source to compile.  It
>breaks down at:
>"mod_auth.o:  undefined reference to crypt"  in authenticate_basic_user
>...I can find the reference to crypt.  I also see that this system has a
>/usr/lib/crypt.h;  but this situation is beyond me at the moment.
>Anyone know how to resolve this glitch?

http://www.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ#glibc-crypt

1. idiot's guide to unix/linux

Can someone refer or point me to a beginning text guide for a very very brand
new user of unix/linux, with average DOS and Windows experience.  I need to
know basic commands, setup, and use of XWindows.  Thanks.
-------------------------
Mike Mayberry
Olympia, WA USA

-------------------------

2. [2.5] Remove EXPORT_NO_SYMBOLS from modules

3. need idiot's guide to networking with linux

4. Loadable Modules

5. Wanted Idiots guide or FAQ to networking 2/3 PC's using Linux.

6. Reporting software and Relational Database

7. idiot's guide to unix/linux

8. netscape fastpage server/solaris 2.4

9. Sendmail: idiot's configuration guide needed

10. Is there a WinNT/Linux guide for idiots?

11. idiots guide to win NT4 + linux?

12. Complete idiots guide to linux

13. Cable Modem & NT Server & Proxy Server!