How to pass certificat's infornation to Apache ?

How to pass certificat's infornation to Apache ?

Post by wong man fa » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hello world,

I've run Apache with SSL patch for a long time and it works very fine. Now I
would like to do more thing on the security side. My question is : how can I
pass the client's and CA's etc. information in the X509 certificate my www
server received into a cgi program. For example, in a ordinary www server, I
can get the information such as remote host, remote user ... from the
environment variables ($REMOTE_HOST, $REMOTE_USER). Is it possible to get
X509 related information in this way ?
Thank you for reading this post.

Regards
Wong

Post by The Pilgri » Fri, 19 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> Hello world,

> I've run Apache with SSL patch for a long time and it works very fine. Now I
> would like to do more thing on the security side. My question is : how can I
> pass the client's and CA's etc. information in the X509 certificate my www
> server received into a cgi program. For example, in a ordinary www server, I
> can get the information such as remote host, remote user ... from the
> environment variables ($REMOTE_HOST, $REMOTE_USER). Is it possible to get
> X509 related information in this way ?
> Thank you for reading this post.

> Regards
> Wong

Depending on which SSL patch you will get a slightly different set of
environment variables about the Certificate. The documentation that came
with the patch should tell you what they are
--
The Pilgrim

The truth is out there, and that's what scares the Government

1. 2 certificats on Apache ?

Hi,

Is it possible to run 2 certificats on the same Apache server ?

I have made one certificat for www.domain1.com and another for
www.domain2.com.
I have install both but no matter what domain I access, Apache always
use the first certificat ?!?

--
Pierre Miquel
Responsable Internet Intranet Groupe Eyrolles

2. error compiling tulip.c

3. How to pass arguments passed in ''s

4. the SHRED utility

5. Apache 1.3.6 with mod_perl 1.19 doesn't pass arguments to script

6. kernel message, what does it mean?

7. Apache 2.0.39 problem with form value passing

8. pre-load shared library on sol2.3

9. ipfwadm 'constipated' (It won't pass frames)

10. ppp/at&t help: can't get pass 'bundle:Authenticate' phase

11. Passing args to scripts run with 'at'?

12. pass strings to 'passwd'

13. Passing arguments to 'login' program in /etc/gettydefs