Raven Experience

Post by Ron Klatchk » Tue, 07 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone out there want to share their experience in using Raven
SSL?  I'm looking for either good or bad reviews.  Comparisons with
Stronghold would also be nice.

moo
              Ron Klatchko - Senior Software Engineer

1. WANTED: WEB Space for Raven (Linux Magazine)

        -----------------------------------------   +------------------+
        Space Station Raven - A Linux Workstation   | WEB SPACE NEEDED |
        -----------------------------------------   +------------------+
        Raven is an on-line magazine, to promote Linux, and assist users
        of various levels to get it running, and do something with it.

        Eventually, it will be openly available in many places, on the
        distrinution CDROMS, via anonymous ftp as a .tgz, via majordomo
        email requests, on WEB server(s) ... (a version control nightmare)

        At the moment, a slightly old version is on my home pages,
        please check it out before replying. Unfortunately, I have a 512 k
        quota, and it simply won't fit. If someone offers to host it, that
        would free up some space, enabling me to offer over-the-shoulder
        previews, loose pages, experimantal pages and answer USENET questions
        with URL's.

        My ISP is quoting 345 pa for 10 MB on top of the 141 they already
        get. Other ISP's want to charge per 1K access. Once established,
        this may be an option, but at present it simply isn't.

        I did have it at sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Incoming, but their
        maintainers dropped it without any notification, and are
        now over the atlantic - heading for a conference, so I GUESS that
        sunsite.unc.edu isn't an option.

        So PLEASE! PLEASE! PRETTY PLEASE! Space for Raven - a home page haven

        -----------------------------------
        http://www.users.dircon.co.uk/~trix   <-- Linux Info Pages
        http://trix.dircon.co.uk/ (dial-up)   <-- Raven Kept Here
        -----------------------------------

2. sps won't stop running

3. anyone using Raven SSL with Apache on UNIX or Linux?

4. Need help with setserial

5. Experiance with Raven?

6. memory expansion

7. SHAREWARE: Raven - Third major release

8. Locking the screen after 10 mins.

9. Need Xconfig for Raven 1775 Monitor

10. ANNOUNCE: Raven: dial_ppp

11. Problem with IBM Thinkpad 560 and Raven PCMCIA CD-ROM

12. Raven: Version -1b release

13. SHAREWARE: Raven in the UK