Where to set SSL protocol version (Download problems with SSL using IE)?

Where to set SSL protocol version (Download problems with SSL using IE)?

Post by Marcel Glei » Sat, 18 Aug 2001 18:02:32

Hi,

I have programmed a PHP download script that should send a file on the
server to the client. I used the following HTTP headers to do so:

   header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="'.$filename.'"');
    header('Content-Type: application/octet-stream');
   header('Expires: 0');
// header('Pragma: no-cache');
   readfile($file_on_the_server);

It is a known M$ IE bug that
  - the 'attachment'-part doesn't work correct
  - the 'filename='-part doesn't work correct
  - the 'Pragma'-part doesn't work correct (therefore commented)

I could live with this 'IE features' if there weren't this problem:
  requesting my PHP script over SSL (HTTPS://server/script.php?id=55)
  does not function at all. This is also a known IE bug and my search
  on google wasn't successfull. Many users have the same problem and
  nobody was able to generate a workaround.

But the following posting sounded interesting to me:
    "There is anonther solution:
    use SSL  protocol v2 ;) ,  for apache:
    <virtula host section for ssl>
    SSLProtocol all -SSLv3
    </>
    This sounds stuppid, but works too"

Well, I looked at my httpd.conf to make the changes but I didn't find the
option there :-(

so my questions are:
- I am using Apache 1.3.19 with mod_ssl/2.8.3 OpenSSL/0.9.6a
- SSL_PROTOCOL = SSLv3
- I don't use virtual hosts in my httpd.conf
- I couldn't find a "SSLProtocol" option in my httpd.conf
- Where can I change the protocol version down to SSLv2 ???

regards,
Marcel Gleis