Apache Proxy server that will transform an HTTP request in a HTTPS request

Apache Proxy server that will transform an HTTP request in a HTTPS request

Post by Gilles Paqu » Wed, 30 Apr 2003 00:36:54

Hello,

I'm looking for a software solution that can receive an HTTP request
and forwarding or proxying it in HTTPS.

For example : An application that makes https request but that can't
make https, will go through an Apache proxy that will encrypt the HTTP
request for the application and forward the request to the secure site
that will reply the same way.

 _____________              __________              ________
|             |            |          |            |        |
| Application | - HTTP --> | Apache   | - HTTPS -->| Secure |
|             |            | Proxy (?)|            | Site   |
|_____________|            |__________|            |________|

IT's a bit like a SSL accelerator but working on the opposite way.

Is it possible with Apache ? How is it possible ? mod_ssl + mod_proxy
?

Thank you for your help.

Gilles.

1. proxy https & http request using apache

I have a need to configure apache on solaris 8 to proxy http & https
request to the web servers in DMZ. I am unable to configure the proxu
server to proxy https request.
Following are the proxy configuration in httpd.conf.
NameVirtualHost xx.xx.xx.xx
Listen 80
Listen 443

<VirtualHost xx.xxx.xx.xx>
        ProxyPass / http://yy.yy.yy.yy:443
        ProxyPassReverse / http://yy.yy.yy.yy:443
</VirtualHost>

I get following error messages(apache server log) while accessing the
proxy server via https.Proxying http works fine.
[error] [client XX.XX.XX.XX] Invalid method in request €C
[error] [client XX.XX.XX.XX] Invalid method in request €L

Any help or guidance on the above issue is greatly appreciated.

2. 'append' without LILO or loadlin?

3. Can't process http/1.0 requests or proxy requests

4. corruption of mouse cursor under Solaris 8 X86

5. apache http proxy - http/1.0 vs http/1.1

6. How to determine if using AGP 2x

7. How to redirect all http requests to https

8. X86 modem

9. setting up apache server to accept http requests

10. Apache Proxy question: HTTP/1.1 -> HTTP/1.0

11. Client ->(HTTPS) -> Proxy -> (HTTP) -> Server

12. Netscape reverse Proxy + HTTP Post requests

13. Absolute URI in non-proxy request requests to Apache