Analog on OS/390

Post by crct.. » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Has anyone used the product Analog (web statistics) on the OS390
platform?

I am trying to find some installation documentation for Analog on the
OS/390 platform. I have downloaded the OS/390 tar file from
http://www.s390.ibm.com/ftp/os390/oe/port/analog/readme.html, and it
references documentation at
http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/analog/docs/start.html.
Unfortunately  there is no reference to OS/390 platform installation
instructions on this page.

Was looking for information on the steps required to install the
product,  where the configuration files are located, permissions
required, etc.

The installation documentation at
http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/analog/docs/start.html  lists
directions for MAC, Windows, OS2, and Everyone Else (Solaris, HP, Sun,
etc) but none for OS/390. If downloaded the tar file from the OS/390
page but cannot locate the analog.cfg file to start the
Configuration.

I have also subscribed to the analog-help subscription.

Thank you
Jeff

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. FTP from AIX to OS/390 question

Does anyone have experience in FTP'ing textfiles from AIX to an OS/390
mainframe ? So far I have succeeded in succesfully transferring text by
standard FTP. There's a few special SITE commands that regulate dataset
allocation specifics on the mainframe. So far so good.

The trouble is 'special characters' (i.e. ascii values above 127 - the
8th bit is used). When I transfer a text file containing special
characters, the eighth bit gets chopped off in the process (ascii
transfer with automatic conversion to ebcdic), and I end up with non-
useable files on the mainframe end.

Searching IBM's documentation all I've come up with is the CONVXLAT
utility on OS/390.. but I wouldn't know how to use that.

I would be very pleased if you'd share your experiences with me on this
one.

Thanx,

EJAY

AIX Admin, The Netherlands

2. Q: How to switch terminal sessions

3. OS/390 APACHECTL START fails to setuid

4. Translate (i)pppd hex output to ascii

5. AIX SP2 Connection to MVS OS/390-Host

6. PPP dialin and out setup ???

7. bash on OS/390?

8. Problems loggingout with kde2 & compaq tru64 machine

9. how to syncronize Aix time from OS/390 timed server?

10. Apache supported on OS/390 UNIX?

11. Time synchronization on AIX servers with an OS/390 mainframe

12. Wierd zip/unzip problem between Solaris and OS/390

13. Time sysnchronisation on AIX with an OS/390 mainframe