NS Enterprise 2.01 > 3.01 server migration

NS Enterprise 2.01 > 3.01 server migration

Post by Doug Geist » Tue, 21 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I'm attempting to migrate my 2.01 setting and such to 3.01. If I select
Migrate from Previous Version, I put in my server directory, then it
allows me to select Import 2.x server info. Then after hitting Import, a
messages states:

Can't create /www/server/server301/https-neptune: File exists

I mean, of course the file exists since that's the server name. But why
won't it update it or whatever it needs to do to it?

A little background: My 2.01 server is installed on a filesystem
/www/server. When I installed the new server, I installed it into
/www/server/server301 to keep them seperate. I would like to keep both
servers running and put all the 2.01 directories into
/www/server/server201 (yet another questions of how to properly
accomplish this).

--

3M Health Information Systems
Wallingford, CT. USA

1. NS Enterprise Server 2.01 to 3.01 upgrade question

I'm about it install the v3.01 of the Enterprise server. We currently
have the 2.01 version running. Since I've made a number of write
permision changes to the directory structure for the users, how do I go
about moving those changes over to the new server? Are there specific
files that need to be copied over?

Thanks
doug

2. note on apache, Solaris, and mod_auth_sys.c

3. NS Enterprise upgrade 3.01 > 3.5.1

4. Legalities of Linux in embedded system

5. NS Enterprise 2.01 running too many processes

6. Is my apache a proxy to ad servers?

7. NS Enterprise 2.01 symlinks?

8. Changing hostname of machine

9. NS enterprise 3.01 to 3.51

10. NS enterprise 3.01: nsconfig not working

11. NS Enterprise 3.01 question

12. NS Enterprise 3.01 PUT error

13. NS Enterprise 3.01 file permissions