newbie-ass-question

Post by Prism River Rouge Offic » Fri, 07 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Here's the deal. I have a dedicated point-to-point T1, it checks out ok,
but I can't actually send
data either direction. Like I said, it checks out to the smart jack.
  On one end is a workgroup with an NT server, on the other is a UNIX
server. My thinking on it
is that I need to pick up Novells Intranetware, but could it just be
that the Unix box isn't configured to
run the show? The lan's on either end on the pipe are ok, and I have
matching cisco routers, so what
am I missing in the equation?

newbie-ass-question

Post by Jason Bradley Nanc » Sat, 08 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> so what am I missing in the equation?

A network admin who knows what he's doing? =)

Unless I just didn't decode your message very well, this doesn't
sound like a www.servers.unix question.  Get the network up and
running then come back.
If the network is already running correctly and this really is a webserver
question, repost it reworded with more detail.

newbie-ass-question

Post by Mark Slick » Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Your subjust line is kind of painful :< but I try to help.
When you said the you could not send data either directions,
are you doing FTP, or simple ping?  If you can not ping
each end, then there is a problem of your router configuration,
or just route not setup correctly on both sides.  Can you
ping each other in routers?

> Here's the deal. I have a dedicated point-to-point T1, it checks out
ok,
> but I can't actually send
> data either direction. Like I said, it checks out to the smart jack.
>   On one end is a workgroup with an NT server, on the other is a UNIX
> server. My thinking on it
> is that I need to pick up Novells Intranetware, but could it just be
> that the Unix box isn't configured to
> run the show? The lan's on either end on the pipe are ok, and I have
> matching cisco routers, so what
> am I missing in the equation?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.