Q: Sybase access from Web server

Post by peteh.. » Thu, 11 Apr 1996 04:00:00

We are a large company looking to develop an Intranet using a Netscape Commerce Server on an
RS6000 running AIX.  We wish to access our internal Sybase databases. We would appreciate
any info on connectivity products that would simplify this access.

Thank you in advance,

               Peter Haag

Post by Beech Just » Fri, 12 Apr 1996 04:00:00

: We are a large company looking to develop an Intranet using a Netscape Commerce Server on an
: RS6000 running AIX.  We wish to access our internal Sybase databases. We would appreciate
: any info on connectivity products that would simplify this access.
:

:
: Thank you in advance,
:
:                Peter Haag

syperl.

Post by Kyle Brow » Sat, 13 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> We are a large company looking to develop an Intranet using a Netscape Commerce Server on an
> RS6000 running AIX.  We wish to access our internal Sybase databases. We would appreciate
> any info on connectivity products that would simplify this access.

> Thank you in advance,

>                Peter Haag

We been doing lots of connections to Sybase for Silicon Graphics'
internal web site.  We use a variety of methods depending on the
requirement:
- Sybperl (excellent choice)
- Extract data to ascii and parse with perl
- JAM Web development.  All internal apps are written using JAM from
JYACC, we're doing a beta test of a new tool they have which allows you
to create one application and run it either standalone, or via the web
with no code changes.

KB
--

Kyle Brown              http://www.ProjectSolutions.com
ProjectSolutions                  Phone:  (415)637-1801

Post by Gary Lawrence Murph » Sun, 14 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> : We are a large company looking to develop an Intranet using a Netscape Commerce Server on an
> : RS6000 running AIX.  We wish to access our internal Sybase databases. We would appreciate
> : any info on connectivity products that would simplify this access.
> :

> :
> : Thank you in advance,
> :
> :                Peter Haag

> syperl.

Go one step further:  Since you have NS-HTTPD, you might want to try
the WebSQL version of SyPerl (basically SyPerl with NSAPI)

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy ---------- TeleDynamics:  The Art of Being There

(519) 422-1150 fax:422-2723 -------------------------- Canada N0H 2G0
--------------------------------------- Don't oppose forces, use them

1. Linking several web servers for single externel web access

I am currently using several Apache web servers under different platforms. This
works O.K. under local lan. However, external web server doesn't see internal
web servers while connection made outside of my local lan. Because, internal web
server addresses aren't recognized by external web server.
Can anyone experienced the same problem, where there is more then one internal
web server and a single external web server which has to see these internal
servers from outside world?

Any suggestions are appreciated

Many Thanks

Erhan

2. clock

3. Can't access Linux web server web pages from LAN client

4. Test -- Please ignore

5. Apache web server AIX 4.3.1 and Sybase 11.5

6. DLL to SO

7. Netscape 2.0a Enterprise Server and Sybase Web-SQL hangs

8. padding with zeroes ?

9. Apache web server AIX 4.3.1 and Sybase 11.5

10. Hangs - Netscape Enterprise Server 3.51 / Sybase web.sql 1.2 / Solaris 2.6

11. "Can't Access Web Page" trying to access Apache Server

12. Sybase/MS SQL Server Access

13. Can access to Web server through SmoothWall, but Mail server & others can't ?!