How to use different ssl certificates

Post by Helmut Tessare » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 06:41:02

Hi,

I want to use different ssl certificates.
When connecting from outside the firewall to Apache Certificate A should
be used and when connecting from the
internal network to Apache Certificate B should be used.
How can I define this in the httpd.conf.
I was able to do the following:
If connecting from 10.0.0, no authentication is required. If connecting
from every other IP address, authentication takes place.
Now I want to use a different ssl certificate than the one defined in
the ssl.conf, if connecting from 10.0.0 (the internal network)
How do I do this?

<Location "/test/">
    Rewri*gine on
    RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT}      !^443$
    RewriteRule ^/(.*)              https://%{SERVER_NAME}/test/ [L,R]

    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from 10.0.0
    AuthType Basic
    AuthUserFile /tmp/test/users
    AuthName "Test Section"
    Require valid-user
    Satisfy any
</Location>

     Helmut

Post by D. Stuss » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 07:02:46

> I want to use different ssl certificates.
> When connecting from outside the firewall to Apache Certificate A should
> be used and when connecting from the
> internal network to Apache Certificate B should be used.
> How can I define this in the httpd.conf.
> I was able to do the following:
> If connecting from 10.0.0, no authentication is required. If connecting
> from every other IP address, authentication takes place.
> Now I want to use a different ssl certificate than the one defined in
> the ssl.conf, if connecting from 10.0.0 (the internal network)
> How do I do this?

> [example deleted]

With different virtual host definitions running.  (Abbreviated):

<VirtualHost 10.0.0.1:443>
        Internal certificate B
</vh>

<VH external-ip:443>
        External certificate A
</vh>

Remember that you cannot use named-virtual-hosts for the same IP address and
have this work.  These must be IP-based VHs.

1. Old machine Tomcat+SSL, new machine Apache+SSL - new certificates needed?

A new customer of ours uses Tomcat+SSL on their current machine.
I've set up a new machine for them using Apache+SSL, however I'm
unclear about migrating certificates.  Is that possible or do I have to
server.crt and server.key in their Tomcat+SSL setup.  It has .csr and
.cer files.

Thx,

Skip Montanaro

2. String Parsing in sh

3. Can't convert my netscape ssl certificate for use with Apache-SSL

4. WU_FTPD and LDAP for AIX 4.3.3

5. Apache-SSL and problems with SSL certificate

6. HELP compiling kernel...!

7. Create SSL *client* certificate to be used in Apache 2

8. is sun phigs2.0 ported to solaris2.1?

9. Apache: SSL and no-SSL with one demon on different ports?

10. Where to set SSL protocol version (Download problems with SSL using IE)?

11. New SSL certificate for existing server

12. How to get a Certificate from MS CA for SSL connection !HELP!

13. apache + ssl + certificate +netscape = error?