Apache 1.1.1 and IRIX 6.2

Post by Ian Kalle » Tue, 12 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I recently whent from Apache 1.05 => 1.1.1 and
IRIX 5.3 => 6.2...

The Apache server seems to stall out from time to time, the status
display will show a preponderant number of servers in the "W" state
-- when a server is sending a reply.  Occasionally it's got a
preponderant number of servers in the "D" state -- doing a lookup.
Are these problems related?  Anybody else having a problem running
this version of Apache on IRIX 6.2?  Should I open a case with SGI or
will they stonewall me with their smug "we won't support this cause we
only support the Netscape server" b.s.?  If I could suss whether the
problem were Apache or IRIX I'd at least feel some comfort as far as
which avenue to pursue!

--

     Director of Technology & Web Administration
            http://www.gamespot.com

Apache 1.1.1 and IRIX 6.2

Post by Steve Alexand » Wed, 13 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>The Apache server seems to stall out from time to time, the status
>display will show a preponderant number of servers in the "W" state
>-- when a server is sending a reply.

Do they ever finish, or do they stick forever, and if the latter, what does
icrash report if you trace the process?

--
Steve Alexander | Silicon Graphics, Inc.     | +1 (415) 933-6172 (Voice)

"The substance of them is hatred for any man who loves his work."

1. Follow Up: Irix 6.2 Hangs On Console Login ("amd" on Irix 6.2)

I have done some more digging and I have discovered that this same problem
manifests itself even on machines local to the NIS server. What is
happening is that somehow the automount daemon "amd" is dying at about
the time "clogin -f" and "Xlogin" are being run. So, of course the login
hangs because a home directory cannot be found. "amd" *never* dies if I
login over the network using "rsh" or "telnet" so I have to imagine this a bug
in "clogin" or similar. Anyone have any ideas?

Is anyone else out there running "amd" on Irix 6.2?

Dimitri

2. How to rescue my system

3. Apache & IRIX 6.2 => Re: what happened to somaxconn in 6.2?

4. ipcrm w/o root access?

5. IRIX 6.5.3 - shell changes from IRIX 6.2?

6. The List, pass #2

7. Binary port Irix 6.2 to Irix 6.4

8. minicom - killed with sig 11!

9. Apache 1.3.0 on IRIX 6.2

10. Apache with many VirtualDomains on IRIX 6.2

11. "couldn't spawn child process error" on Apache 1.2/IRIX 6.2

12. Apache apache_1.3.1 and IRIX 6.2 DSOs with most & max set ?

13. Apache 1.2.5, IRIX 6.2 and imcomplete downloads of some GIF images