Apache, CGI and Oracle

Post by Paul Everit » Sun, 21 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> Hello, I just installed Apache 1.3.4 on a Digital Alpha running OSF1

> I have a CGI program, written in C, which links in Oracle libraries.  It will
> not execute ("unable to include <myfile.cgi> in parsed file
> <myhtmlfile.shtml>".

> If I write a test program which does not include the Oracle calls, everything
> works just fine ("Hello world!"), so I've come to the conclusion that Apache
> needs to be configured to use Oracle somehow.  My question is, how do I do
> that?

You'll need a layer that integrates Oracle and the web.

If you're looking for a powerful and fast solution for integrating
Apache and Oracle, check out the free, Open Source(tm) Zope web
application server:

  http://www.zope.org/

There's a powerful Oracle module that gives you a good solution for the
integration.

--Paul

1. ORACLE/CGI - can a CGI script inherit preset ORACLE unix env variables?

Hi, We are running NCSA 1.5.1 using almost the default config which
comes with the standard distribution, including use of cgi-bin off
server-root.
My question is:
Is it possible to enable a CGI script to inherit preset UNIX environment
variables - all of them, except for PATH, are unset in the CGI
environment which the server provides the CGI script - not sure if this
is part of the CGI spec - but we are therefore forced to wrap all of our
normal calls to the database via CGI inside a shell script which then
creates the environment on the way through and then execs the relevant
code. Not a big deal, but we are considering use of Apache/DBI server
kit and was wondering if the problem/feature is part of CGI std or just
a feature with the NCSA server.
thnx
mr

2. No Background pic after upgrading WindowMaker

3. Apache/Oracle Pro*C CGI login

4. PLP printer spooler - working in Sol7?

5. Oracle DB from Apache/CGI?

6. Max Port Number ?

7. APACHE setting for oracle cgi?

8. I have a question!!

9. ORACLE & APACHE: possible denial of service bug in oracle loadable module?

10. /cgi-bin/phf /cgi-bin/test-cgi /cgi-bin/handler

11. Apache/CGI: How to toggle an ErrorDocument from a CGI ?

12. WAP/WML cgi broken! apache/mod_perl CGI::WML

13. apache: give /home/mailman/cgi-bin permissions to run cgi-scripts.